A different delicious chicken of dish.
Chicken with apple. Different and delicious.
Nutrition facts: Calories: 163 kcal; Fat: 2 grams;
- boneless and skinless chicken breasts, - about 1/2 pound each, halved and all traces of fat removed
- cooking spray - as needed
- salt - optional
- freshly ground pepper - to taste
- medium Granny Smith or other tart green apple, cored and thinly sliced - 1
- shallot, minced - 1
- fresh thyme leaves or 1 teaspoon crushed dried thyme - 1 tablespoon
- balsamic vinegar - ¼ cup
- fresh thyme sprigs for garnish - to taste
Preheat oven to 375°F. Wash chicken and pat dry. Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt (if using) and pepper. Place in a single layer in the prepared baking dish. Arrange apple slices over and around chicken breasts. Sprinkle with shallot and thyme leaves; pour on the balsamic vinegar. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until chicken is opaque throughout (cut to test). Arrange cooked breasts on a platter and spoon apples and cooking juices on top. Garnish with thyme sprigs, if desired. Serve right away.