This meal can be served on top of vegetables together with whole grain rice, and also garnished with parsely. In the place of red snapper, you can as well use chicken breast and salmon.
Served on top of vegetables together with whole grain rice.
- Olive Oil - 2 Tablespoonfuls
- Chopped medium onion - 1
- chopped cup red pepper - 1/2
- cup carrots (cut into strips) - 1/2
- minced clove garlic - 1
- dry white wine - 1 cup
- pound red pepper fillet - 3/4
- large chopped tomato - 1
- pitted ripe olives (chopped) - 2 Tablespoonfuls
- crumbled low-fat feta/ low-fat ricotta cheese - 2 Tablespoonfuls
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil past medium heat and then add onion, red pepper, carrots, and garlic.
- Sauté mixture for about 10 minutes, and then add wine and bring to boil. Push vegetables to one side of the pan.
- Arrange fillets in one layer in center of skillet. Cover and cookfor 5 minutes.
- After that add tomato and olives, and then top with cheese. Cover it and then cook for 3 minutes or until fish is firm but moist.
- Transfer the fish to serving platter.Garnish with vegetables and pan juices.