It is a dessert made from portabello mushrooms stuffed with cheeses and vegetables that can be served as an appetizer, main course, or side dish.
Made from portabello mushrooms stuffed with cheeses and vegetables.
- shredded parmesan & romano cheese - 1 tablespoon
- salt and pepper , to taste - 1 pinch
- chopped green bell peppers - 1/4
- fresh portobello mushroom , stems chopped - 2
- chopped tomato - 1/4 cup
- medium garlic cloves , pressed - 1
- fresh basil leaves , finely chopped - 3
- olive oil - 1 tablespoon
- shredded mozzarella cheese - 3/4 cup
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Remove mushroom stems and chop finely.
- In medium mixing bowl, mix mushroom stems, tomato, garlic, green pepper, basil, parsley, salt, pepper, and 2 teaspoons olive oil. Set aside.
- In small mixing bowl, blend mozzarella and parmesan cheeses. Set aside.
- In small skillet, add 1 teaspoon olive oil and heat over medium. Place mushrooms in skillet and sauté for 3 to 5 minutes on each side.
- Remove skillet from heat. Transfer mushrooms to oven proof baking dish. Divide and spoon cheese mixture onto each mushroom. Top each mushroom with vegetable mix.
- Bake until cheese is melted, about 15 to 20 minutes.